What Is the Interhash Council?
The Interhash Council is a group of dedicated international hashers who have each attended numerous Interhashes and have directly participated in the organization and management of at least one of them.
- In total, members of the Council have over 580 years of Hashing experience and have led or worked on the 21 Interhashes and numerous other regional hash events.
- The IC is not a closed shop of self-elected individuals. Anyone with the IH experience and commitment can apply to join. The Council is very international in its membership and made up of about 10 different nationalities. It meets every two years at the InterHash venue. Meetings are usually open to any hasher to observe and contribute as appropriate.
- Members of the IC do not receive payments for their services, nor do they have their expenses reimbursed.
Interhash Council Structure and Membership Terms
The Interhash Council’s (IC) Vision and Operating Procedures
The IC’s vision is to improve the quality, efficiency and success of Interhash for all participants. To achieve this, the IC reviews and certifies Interhash bidder proposals and provides guidance to the successful Interhash Committee on event planning and implementation. The Council is purely an advisory body, takes no direct control of the event nor has any direct responsibilities for it.
Interhash Council Organizing Principals
1. The IC is committed to a diverse membership. Gender diversity, national origin, experience, skills and regional representation will be encouraged in the Council’s membership.
2. To operate effectively, the IC will limit council membership to 20 experienced hashers.
3. Members of the IC will serve for a period of six years with the option of serving an additional six years with the majority concurrence of the IC.
4. The IC can remove Council members if they have not participated in IC deliberations over a two-year period, have not attended three consecutive Interhashes or their conduct is considered damaging or detrimental to the aims of the IC. A motion with an explanation of cause to remove a member may be made by another member at any time between Interhashes. Removal will be voted on at the Council’s Interhash meeting at Interhash and requires a 2/3 vote by those members present.